Thank you for your interest in submitting your work for consideration and for thinking of the ElegantWedding.com™ as a great blog on which to showcase your work. I love publishing Real Weddings, Engagement Sessions, and related shoots when I find something that is fresh and pays great attention to detail. To help you get a better idea of what I consider to be a good fit for ElegantWedding.com™, I’ve outlined the submission policy, what I’m looking for (in detail), and how to submit.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to e-mail me – I look forward to hearing from you!
To submit a wedding or shoot for consideration, please complete the form below. I also welcome and recommend submissions through Two Bright Lights, a new platform for sharing your work with bloggers and event collaborators alike. If I think your event would be a good fit for our website then I will let you know within 3-5 days.
- We only focus on events with elegance & luxury with high focus on details. We feature events like weddings, engagements, photo shoots, bridal showers and others, so please do not submit your photos if they are do not fit what we are looking for.
- Well photographed events and shoots, preferably with a graphic, editorial style.
- Weddings and shoots with lots of details, chic style, personality, and unexpected use of color. Handmade or otherwise quirky elements are a plus, and the more original the overall concept, the better.
- Stories within the event or shoot itself. For example, if there’s a reason the bride crafted a certain detail, and she’s comfortable in sharing why, I’d love to let our readers know!
- Off beat weddings are great! We are all about new, fresh ideas, so the further away from cookie cutter while still being tasteful, the better!
- ElegantWedding.com™ is always looking for fresh, original content. In keeping with this, we usually do not publish weddings that have been posted on other blogs (some exceptions sometimes are made).
- If a particular event you submit is not a good fit for the blog, please feel free to submit in the future. I review each event individually and look at the overall aesthetic and details within the samples you provide. Whether or not you are published is not a commentary on your work but rather the event’s relevance to my readers.
- In order to avoid confusion and possibly have a wedding or shoot submitted to multiple bloggers, please only submit to ElegantWedding.com™ if you are the photographer. Brides or other vendors, please let your photographer know that you would prefer to submit this wedding to ElegantWedding.com™ rather than sending us the event on your own.
- It is important to me that all vendors are appropriately credited for their work and that the couple is comfortable with their photos being published. Please contact the bride and groom for permission to have their images on a blog, if is not already written into your contract, and be prepared to provide a list of all the applicable vendors if I approve the submission.
- Submission images should not be watermarked and should be at least 600px wide (or 500px wide for vertical images).
- (This is Important) We’re try to better tell the background story of the photos you are sending. Simply because our readers love to read stories & tend to engage better through Liking, Tweeting, Pinning. So when and if possible we like to be able to do that whenever we feature a photo shoot.
The way we tell the story is really simple, we just compile some basic information from answers submitted by the photographer or the couple. Below are some sample questions to help guide your thoughts about what to share. Please don’t let these questions intimidate you as you prepare to send us the photos, they are of course optional and are only meant to better tell the story as well as help future brides learn from your experience, so feel free to answer as many or as little as you wish.